Sunday, February 1, 2009

Simple Sunday #1

Here is the very first of the Simple Sunday Layouts!! I hope you like the idea of doing a "simple" and easy layout. Sometimes I forget that scrapbooking isn't brain surgery and I have a tendency to over think things. I really like the idea of getting back to the basics.
I had these pictures already printed and matted so I decided to just make them work. This is a prime example of me over thinking things. These pictures have been sitting around for months waiting for me to find just the right inspiration for them. It was a real challenge for me to keep this one simple. I still think it could use some kind of bling or something, but I am going to control myself!
The picture on the left side is 8x8 and matted on Cranberry Red cardstock and then matted on black cardstock that I scalloped and hole punched. The right side pictures are 4x4 and also matted on black cardstock. The border B&T paper is 11x7.

Cardstock: Creme Brulee, Cranberry Red, Black and Rock Star paper is by SandyLion.

Misc: Black Chipboard letters and the star was die cut with the Slice Basics cartridge.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering when Simple Sunday was going to get posted.

    Cute layout

    ReplyDelete