Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Artsy Owl Card

Do you think of yourself as an artsy person?? Well, today I became an artist. One of my favorite places to go for inspiration is Michelle Zindorf's blog. Her creations are such an inspiration to me because she makes me want to step out of my comfort zone. What a talented girl!! Check it out
here.

I needed to make a birthday card for my brother in-law, so I figured I would give the artsy thing a try. I used one of my most favorite stamp sets, Whoo Loves You and followed one of her step by step tutorials. First I stamped my little owl guy and then heat embossed him with clear, then I punched a hole in a scrap piece of card stock and sponged the moon. After sponging the dark blue sky, I stamped the trees with Lovely As A Tree. Yes, I do still have a few sets of woodies that I just couldn't part with and this is probably my favorite set. I then put little baubles on his eyes, which actually made him look a bit crossed eyed........all the cuter! Oh, and although I am not completely happy with the faux stitching on the sides, it covered up the ink that I got onto the white card stock when I decided the owl needed more ink around him. I may not be a Van Gogh, but I am pretty happy with how this card came out.

I have also been busy organizing the Boutique that we are having this weekend. It originally started out at Tompkins School, but that just got to be way more complicated than it needed to be. So, Mountain Bible Church has been gracious enough to open their doors to us! We have 22 vendors committed to this event so far and more on a waiting list. The youth group will be selling .50 cent raffle tickets and we will be giving a prize away every half hour! I would love it if you all stopped by to see me this Saturday from 10:00-4:00.


Card Stock: Twilight, White Daisy
Inks: Twilight, Indian Corn Blue, Outdoor Denim, Black, Autumn Terra Cotta, Bamboo, Versamark
Stamps: Whoo Loves You, Lovely As A Tree
Misc: Robbins Nest Baubles, Clear embossing powder, Outdoor Denim marker

2 comments: