Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm not all about paper


Okay lousy picture, whatever!! A teacher friend is having a very unexpected fourth baby in a few weeks and I wanted to make her something special for the little guy. This is a crochet hoodie wrap and I am in love with these. They are so soft and cuddly!

I started crocheting many years ago when I was a Police/Fire dispatcher. I needed something to fill those loooonngggg graveyard hours where they frowned on napping during a shift, so I taught myself to crochet. My first project was an afghan that I made Eric for our anniversary. It has since become our Great Danes blankie which Eric was none to happy about, but that's another story.

This is the perfect time of year to just sit on the couch watching a movie while working on a project and I have a few going right now. I get easily bored and distracted, so it's always an accomplishment when I actually finish one! I just finished an Alpaca beanie for Eric, maybe I can get him to look at the camera long enough to get a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment