Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bird Basics Card

This is a new stamp set in the 2009 Spring Idea Book. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it. It came the other day and I have been dying to play with it. This is what I came up with and how I did it. 1) Ink your stamp with VersaMark and then in your color of choice. This way you are achieving your color and the embossing powder has something to stick to. 2) Stamp your image. 3) Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set. 4) Ink up your brayer with color and ink it good. The secret to good coverage is firm, even pressure with a brayer loaded with ink. 5) Ink up your Flourish stamp with a light color first and then sponge your accent color on randomly before stamping. 6) Last, to add some depth, sponge some ink around the edges of the card. It is hard to see in this picture, but the bird's wing is actually pop dotted up for dimension. This stamp set is great because it's kind of like build a bear, except this is build a bird!

Card Stock: Chocolate, Creme Brulee, Juniper, Whisper White
Inks: Creme Brulee, Sorbet, Goldrush, Juniper, Bampboo, Chocolate and VersMark
Stamps: Bird Basics, Key To My Heart, Whooo Loves You
Misc: Birds Nest Baubles

1 comment: