Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sunflower Harvest

click on picture to enlarge
These are the sunflowers in the garden from last year. I took pictures of them and forgot all about them until I started planting this years garden. I found some seeds that I had saved from last years harvest and I thought it would be fun to do a layout and preserve those memories.

Jacob looks forward to planting season every year. We do a pretty good size garden with lots of different stuff. The one thing I hope my kids take away from me is that you can never take more from this earth than you give back. Nothing goes to waste! We try to use as much as possible, everything from the chicken manure, egg shells, veggie trimmings and the plants themselves go into the composter and in return it gives us black gold that goes right back into the garden.

My hope is that many years from now when my kids have kids and their kids have kids, they will enjoy looking at these memories that I have captured of our life. And it would be really cool if they could take something from it, like those sunflower seeds and plant them and grow their own memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment